Welcome to Village Lights Bookstore!
Order This Book Now!
(May 5, 2021)
We are now open for walk-in shopping or book order pickups, Tuesday through Thursday between the hours of 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm, Friday and Saturday from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
For those who prefer an extra measure of safety, we will continue to provide pickup at our front door at any time during open hours or free local home delivery upon request.
In addition to ordering in person in the store, the following options remain in place for those who need to minimize contact…
• If you live in our community, you can call us at 812-265-1800 to order books and pre-pay with a credit card over the phone. We will call you when your items arrive. Then you can pick them up in the store or at our front door.
• If you live in our community, you also have the option of browsing, searching, and ordering through this website (choose “In-store Pickup” at checkout), with no shipping charges incurred for you or for us. Again, we will call you when your items arrive. Then you can pick them up in the store or at our front door.
• If you do not live in our community, you can order through this website with $1.99 shipping (choose "$1.99 Shipping" at checkout) or normal shipping (choose "Happy to pay full shipping!" at checkout to give us a little break) for delivery from our supplier via US Postal Service directly to your mailbox. (Please be advised that we cannot offer $1.99 shipping for books from Larkspur Press.)
• Regardless of where you live, you can order audiobooks through this website.
We are deeply grateful for your continuing support and look forward to seeing you in person.
Stay safe, be well, mask up, and keep on reading!
Protocols for In-Store Shopping
• All customers entering the store will be REQUIRED to wear a MASK covering both MOUTH and NOSE. This includes children over the age of two. (No shirt, no shoes, no mask… “No book for you!”) If you have forgotten your mask, we will gladly sell you one for $1, then deduct that amount from your purchase total. If you choose not to wear a mask, we respectfully ask that you submit your book orders and pre-pay over the telephone. We will then be happy to serve you at curbside.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided at the store entrance and at the sales counter. We ask that you apply it immediately upon entering the store, before handling the books.
• Bookstore staff will sanitize common areas regularly.
• Bookstore staff will wear masks and practice social distancing at all times.
• The restroom is closed until further notice.
• The second floor Reading Room is closed until further notice.
• Food and drink are not allowed in the store.