Welcome to Village Lights Bookstore!
(March 25, 2021)
A bookstore presents unique challenges in the face of this highly contagious virus. While our store needs your business in order to survive the pandemic, our health and safety and that of our customers and community remain our absolute priority. We are trying to keep our door open for you as much as possible, maintaining protocols to ensure that our operations are as safe as possible. We are constantly pivoting, approaching each day with supreme caution, data and science-driven, and we thank you for your understanding as we navigate each step along the way.
In-store shopping is currently available by appointment only, Tuesday through Thursday between the hours of 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm, Friday and Saturday from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Forty-five minutes, beginning on the hour, for individuals or groups of up to 5 people. Call us at 812-265-1800 to reserve your personal browsing time and have the entire store to yourself!
We continue to provide contactless curbside pick-up at any time during open hours or free local home delivery upon request.
The following options for ordering books remain in place…
• If you live in Jefferson County, IN, or the Milton, KY area, you can call us at 812-265-1800 to order books and pre-pay with a credit card over the phone. We will call you when your items arrive. Then you can pick them up at curbside. If you feel that you would be at risk going out and about, we will personally deliver them, free of charge, to your doorstep. This saves shipping costs for you and for us.
• If you live in Jefferson County, IN, or the Milton, KY area, you also have the option of browsing, searching, and ordering through this website for curbside pick-up or delivery to your doorstep (choose “Curbside Pick-up or Free Madison-area Delivery” at checkout), with no shipping charges incurred for you or for us. Again, we will call you when your items arrive. Then you can pick them up at curbside, or ask us to deliver them to your door, free of charge.
• If you do not live in either of the above areas, you can order through this website with $1.99 shipping (choose "$1.99 Shipping" at checkout) or normal shipping (choose "Happy to pay full shipping!" at checkout to give us a little break) for delivery from our supplier via US Postal Service directly to your mailbox. (Please be advised that we cannot offer $1.99 shipping for books from Larkspur Press.)
• Regardless of where you live, you can order audiobooks through this website.
We are deeply grateful for your support. Please keep those phone and online orders coming. They sustain us in these trying times.
Stay safe, be well, mask up, and keep on reading!
Protocols for In-Store Shopping by Appointment
• All customers entering the store will be REQUIRED to wear a MASK or face covering over BOTH MOUTH and NOSE. This includes children over the age of two. We will provide a mask to anyone who needs one. (No shirt, no shoes, no mask… “No book for you!”) If you choose not to wear a mask, we respectfully ask that you submit your book orders over the telephone. We will then be happy to serve you at curbside.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided at the store entrance and at the sales counter. We ask that you use it immediately upon entering the store, before handling the books.
• Gloves will be provided to customers who wish to wear them.
• Bookstore staff will sanitize all common areas regularly.
• Bookstore staff will wear masks and practice social distancing at all times.
• The restroom is closed until further notice.
• The children’s reading nook is closed for renovation.
• The second floor Reading Room is closed until further notice.
• Food and drink are not allowed in the store.